Museum is open everyday except Tuesdays.
Winter Season: Between October 2nd - April 1st
Museum, Harem and Hagia Irene can be visited between 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM as last entrance to the Museum 4:00 PM
Attention: Ticket booths close at 4:00 PM
Summer Season: Between April 1st - October 2nd
Museum, Harem and Hagia Irene can be visited between 9:00 AM - 6:45 PM as last entrance to the Museum 6:00 PM
Attention: Ticket booths close at 6:00 PM
Museum visit information for the public holidays and religios festivals is at the table below
|Date||Museum Open||Museum Open Between 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM||Museum Closed|
|January 1st 2019 Tuesday (New Year)|
|April 23th 2019 Tuesday (National Sovereignty and the Children Day)|
|May 1st 2019 Wednesday (Labour Day)|
|May 19th 2019 Sunday (Commemoration of Atatürk and Youth and Sports Day)|
|June 3rd 2019 Monday ( Eve of Ramadan Festival)|
|June 4th 2019 Tuesday ( 1st Day of Ramadan Festival)|
|June 5th 2019 Wednesday ( 2nd Day of Ramadan Festival)|
|June 6th 2019 Thursday ( 3rd Day of Ramadan Festival)|
|July 15th 2019 Monday ( Democracy and National Unity Day )|
|August 10th 2019 Saturday ( Eve of Festival of Sacrifice)|
|August 11st 2019 Sunday ( 1st Day of Festival of Sacrifice)|
|August 12nd 2019 Monday ( 2nd Day ofFestival of Sacrifice)|
|August 13rd 2019 Tuesday (3rd Day of Festival of Sacrifice)|
|August 14th 2019 Wednesday (4th Day of Festival of Sacrifice)|
|August 30th 2019 Friday ( Victory Day )|
|October 29th 2019 Tuesday ( Republic Day)|
Tour plan of the Topkapı Palace Museum can be reached from this link
Online-ticket service can be reached now by this link: https://www.muze.gov.tr/buy_e_ticket.
In order to obtain and get more information about museum pass card visit this website: https://muze.gov.tr/buy_museum_pass
Museum Ticket : 60 TL
Ticket Price for one person for the main entrance is 60 TL except Harem Section
Harem and Halberdiers with Tresses Dormitory Ticket : 35 TL
If you want to visit Harem and Halberdiers with Tresses Dormitory Ticket you have to buy a seperate ticket from the ticket booths where stands outside of the museum or in front of the Harem entrance.
Ticket Price for one person for the Harem and Halberdiers with Tresses Dormitory Ticket entrance is 35 TL.
Hagia Irene Ticket: 30 TL
Museum Pass is available at Hagia Irene
No group discount at Hagia Irene
Ticket for the Hagia Irene is not available for entering to the Topkapı Palace Museum
Free Admission / ID is a Must
• Turkish children and teenagers 18 years old or younger and teachers accompanying students group at these ages
• Foreign children 8 years or younger except Harem. For the Harem under 6 and younger.
• Citizens of the Turkish Republic 65 years old or older
• Veteran's spouses, children and their father and mother with the veteran's accompany. And Martyr's Relative ID holders
• Turkish and Foreign Handicapped people with one attendant. (with a visible handicap or a document submission)
• Soldiers and non-commissioned officers.
• Owners of ICOMOS, UNESCO and ICOM cards.
• Owners of domestic and foreign Press Card.
• Owners or responsible directors of travel agencies
• Personnel and pensioners of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and spouses, children mother and father by their accompanion
Can enter to the Topkapı Palace Museum without price
• Children between 0-6 ages,can enter to the Harem, Hagia Irene and Halberdier's with Tresses Section of the Topkapı Palace without price with their accompanion who bought ticket
Free visits of the groups that mentioned before can be with a paper of permission obtained from the Central Directorate of Revolving Funds
• By hosting of the Public Institutions of the Republic of Turkey with their own budget, official delegations above the rank of Deputy Minister, official military delegations above the rank of Force Commander, their spouses, accompanions, security officials, and delegations of prior review with security purposes, and officials of the Republic of Turkey that accompanying them.
• Except in scope of supporting International Congress Organizations and only city tour or/and transfer hostings, the guests and delegations who hosted by Head of Department of Foreign Relations and EU,General Directorate of Promotion of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and Culture and Promotion Attache and Adviser Offices (Regulatory approval concerning the host will be attached to the paper of demand)
• Media groups and their accompanions which are being hosted by General Directorate of Promotion of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and Culture and Promotion Attache and Adviser Offices (Regulatory approval concerning the host will be attached to the paper of demand)
•Foreign tour operators and ino groups which have been informed by Union of Travel Association Agencies of Turkey
• Attendees to the activities which provide benefit to promotion of the Museum which organized by Governorates, Province Culture and Tourism Directorate or/and Museum Directorate
Accepted payment methods
The museum ticket windows accept payment in cash or by credit card
From Atatürk Airport:
You can go until Aksaray via metro line inside the airport. After reaching Aksaray, tram line can be used to reach to the Sultanahmet station. From Sultanahmet station, you can reach to the Topkapı Palace Museum by walking from the path in front of from Hagia Sophia Museum and Hürrem Sultan Bath
Arrival by Marmaray:
Sirkeci Station of the Marmaray is the nearest station to the Topkapı Palace Museum. From Sirkeci Station, you can reach in front of the Governorate of Istanbul. You can follow the path to the Gülhane entrance and can reach to the Topkapı Palace Museum by following the marks.
Arrival by Tram Line:
Gülhane station and Sultanahmet station are the nearest stations to the Topkapı Palace Museum.
From Sultanahmet station, you can reach to the Topkapı Palace Museum by walking from the path in front of from Hagia Sophia Museum and Hürrem Sultan Bath
From Gülhane station, you can follow the path to the Gülhane entrance and can reach to the Topkapı Palace Museum by following the marks.
Taking Photo inside the exhibiton halls is prohibited
Please, do not take photo inside the exhibition halls in which contains/displays objects.
Entering sections with baby cars is prohibited
Baby cars are not allowed to enter to the museum sections. Please don’t forget this rule before buy a ticket.
We ask you to wear appropriate clothes or use the cloths provided by our staff while visiting the Sacred Relics Department
We ask that you refrain from entering the Sacred Relics Department with shorts, mini-skirts, tank tops, or strapless clothing..
Tripod usage is liable to permission
No guide service is given at the Topkapı Palace Museum
No guide service is given at the Topkapı Palace Museum . Visitors want to visit the Museum with guide can rent Audio Guide from the booths inside. Topkapı Palace Museum provides Audio Guide services in 14 languages including Turkish, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Also they can take service from the guides registrated to the Chamber of Guides at the entrance gate of the palace
Admission is free for all disabled visitors and one companion.
Some sections and places of the palace are not accessible to wheelchair users because of stairs.
These sections are listed below:
Imperial Council Hall or Domed Chamber
Portraits of The Ottoman Sultans
Circumcision Room, Koca Mustafa Paşa Kiosk, Revan Kiosk and Baghdad Kiosk
Library of Sultan Ahmet III. or Library of Enderun
Hall of Auidience
Arms and Armour
Courtyards of the Palace
Imperial Wardrobe Colection
Rooms of Treasury / Fatih Pavillion
Toilet / Restroom
There is a toilet in the palace for the disabled visitors. This toilet can be found near the second gate (Gate of Salutation) on the right corner at the second courtyard of the palace.
Audio Guide can be hired at the Museum
Nursing room is at the third courtyard next to the Harem exit
Professional photos inside the museum and exhibiton halls needs permission from the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. All photo and film shooting requests must be sent with a petition to the Istanbul Directorate of the Culture and Tourism. Contact info can be found here
There is no any discount for the foreign school groups.
Admission is free under age of 8 children for main entrance.
We don’t have reservation service in advance for the foreign school groups
At the Harem Section, Courtyard of Black Eunuchs, Corridor of Concubines, Imperial Sofa, Privy Room of Murad III., Chamber of Crown Princes, Harem Mosque and Courtyard of the Favourites are opened to visit.
Other Parts of the Harem Section are on restoration and closed to visit
|Section Name||Open||Closed Due to Restoration||Closed|
|Imperial Council Hall|
|Dormitory of Hallberdiers With Tresses|
|Armors and Weapons|
|Hall of Audience|
|Treasury 1st Room|
|Treasury 2nd Room|
|Treasury 3rd Room|
|Treasury 4th Room|
|Library of Ahmed III|
|Sacred Relics Department|
|Head Psyhician's Tower|
Food and Drink Facilities
padişah@akgmail.com (Gift store)
There are several bookstores in and around the Topkapi Palace. They offer a wide range of guides, books and art books, together with art objects, replicas and merchandise related to temporary exhibitions.
Visitors will find guidebook to accompany their visit and souvenirs of their time at the museum’s shops.
There are three museum shops inside the museum. One of them is located at the first courtyard of the palace and to arrive here you don’t need to buy a ticket the others are located second and third courtyard of the palace.